Unlocking local potential
Totnes Community Development Society (TCDS) incorporated as an Industrial and Provident Society for the Benefit of the Community in July 2012 with five Members. They are are Ed Vidler, Dave Chapman, Rob Hopkins, Frances Northrop and Anna Lodge. You can find out more about them here Directors.
TCDS was set up with 6 objectives:
- Identifying opportunities to obtain land and buildings, within Totnes and the surrounding area, which have the potential for viable community use
- Working with other organisations to develop such opportunities to ensure they are brought into community use
- Undertaking these development opportunities in a manner that will ensure their environmental and financial sustainability over the long term
- Ensuring that the maximum value from these development opportunities, during construction and thereafter, is retained within the local economy
- Ensuring the democratic control of these development opportunities by the community through the establishment of an appropriate level membership of this Society
- Providing an opportunity for public-spirited people and organisations to contribute financially to the community, with the expectation of a social dividend.
You can download a copy of the Totnes Community Development Society rules here.
As part of its work, as trustee of the Mansion in Totnes, Totnes Community Development Society (TCDS) are seeking to recruit a Centre Manager and Centre Receptionist to support a vibrant and well managed future for this important community building.read more
As of the 1st of January 2017 Totnes Community Development Society has become the sole trustee of The Mansion Charitable Trust in Totnes. Devon County Council has concurrently retired as Trustee.read more
The results of votes cast in the referendum on 23 November, on whether or not the Community Right to Build Order for Atmos Totnes should be given planning permission are as follows…read more