In all our actions we seek to protect and uphold an individual’s privacy and manage appropriately, and in accordance with the law, the data that they provide us. This Privacy and Cookies policy has been written to clearly explain how we use information provided to us.
As best practice develops and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and General Data Protection Regulations we will continue to update our polices and practice. It was last updated on 12 June 2020 following review by Directors.
All staff, Directors and volunteers are bound by the Data Protection Policy of the Totnes Community Development Society which references this policy.
Totnes Community Development Society manages the Mansion on behalf of the King Edward VI College Site Foundation and therefore manages, stores and uses data in relation to this duty through its own policies and procedures with equal rigour and due regard for the law.
Should you have any questions or feedback regarding this document please note that a contact email is provided at the base of this information.
What information do we collect from individuals?
We collect information from you when you hire space from us, subscribe to our newsletter or respond to a survey.
When contacting us with an enquiry, as appropriate, you may be asked to provide your name and/or e-mail address and/or telephone number so that we can respond to you.
When becoming a member of the Society you are to provide us with personal details so that we make sure your membership complies with the rules of the Society.
You may visit our websites or consultation sessions anonymously.
What do we use your information for?
We will only use the personal information you provide to respond to you in the context in which it was given. We only use personal information where we have explicit permission from the individual to do so. We may use personal information:
- To respond to a query an individual has raised with us e.g. by telephone, mail or email.
- To process your membership, keeping you updated on the activities of the Society and inviting you to participate. Totnes Community Development Society uses a number of secure third party services (Salesforce, Form Assembly and Zoom) to process and manage contact information for those who have chosen to become members.
- To send periodic update emails about our activities, at the request of an individual. Totnes Community Development Society uses a secure third party service, Mailchimp, to process and manage contact information for those who have opted-in to receive this newsletter, to send our regular newsletters and updates.
- To process responses to a survey or questionnaire. Online surveys will be delivered through a secure third party service, either Survey Monkey or Form Assembly.
- To liaise with individuals about a topic, opportunity, service or activity that they have explicitly chosen to communicate with us about. E.g. a job interview, hire of space.
- Within the context of developing the work of the organisation in line with its objectives. E.g. using personal information explicitly provided for and within the consultation context.
As an individual chooses to present it publicly, such as through a comment on one of our webpages or blogs. It will then be stored on the website for up to the duration of the website’s life.
How do we store information?
Personal information is stored securely by Totnes Community Development Society whether in digital or physical format.
We use Salesforce and Mailchimp to process and manage the contact information of our followers who have consented (opted-in) to receiving this information.
Personal data we receive is securely stored only for as long as it is relevant to a project or activity. Once it is no longer relevant for Totnes Community Development Society to hold the personal data it will be appropriately destroyed.
How do long do we store information?
We only keep data as long as there is a need to meet the purpose for which it was given or that legal process or requirements require us to.
Totnes Community Development Society regularly reviews its data protection processes and policy and removes data systematically.
If you have expressly subscribed to our newsletter through Mailchimp you can opt-out of these updates whenever you like through Mailchimp. A helpful link is provided on each email to allow you to do this or update your details or preferences. Similarly, members are able to resign from their position by sending the Society an email.
If you would like to know how to contact us about the data we hold then you can email us on email@example.com
Yes, Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognise your browser and capture and remember certain information.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
We use Salesforce, Mailchimp, Zoom, Xero and FormAssembly to process and manage the contact information of our followers who have consented (opted-in) to participation in the activities of the Society and receiving related information.
We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law.